Lil Wayne, or simply Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., is an American born rapper from New Orleans, Louisiana. Wayne Lil is one of the wealthiest rappers in the world currently and began achieving success in the rap world when he was just 9 years old.
Lil Wayne’s net worth is $120 Million in 2020, and this section talks a little about his early life, career path and how he managed to earn all that money by the young age of 34.
Dwayne was born on the 27th of September, 1982, in New Orleans. His mom was only 19 when she had Wayne, and his father left their family when Wayne was just 2 years old.
It’s harmless to say that Lil Wayne’s childhood was really, really different to most. He composed his very first rap song when he was just 8 years old, and unintentionally shot himself with a real 9mm handgun when he was just 9.
Carter was an honor student at the McMain Magnet School, but he dropped out of school at only 14 to focus entirely on his musical career.
In 1996, Mr. Carter joined the Hot Boys along with rappers B.G., Juvenile, and Turk. He was just 15 years old, making him to be the youngest member of the club at the time.
Three years later, Lil Wayne went solo and published his debut record, ‘The Block is Hot’, which was a huge success, reaching platinum certification. He leveraged the album’s achievement to publish a couple of others within the subsequent few years and put himself on the map.
Also Read: Cardi B Net Worth
Since that time, Lil Wayne has become a huge sensation, working with several famous artists, including DJ Khaled, Eminem, Drake, Nicki Minaj, and so on. He’s likewise received a large number of prizes for his work and collaborations with other artists, some of which are listed below.
As of 2020, Lil Wayne’s net worth is $120 million.
Here are some of the foremost highlights and awards for Lil Wayne’s career:
- BET Awards –For the Best Male Hip Hop Artist (2009)
- BET Hip Hop Awards – For the MVP of the Year (2008)
- BET Hip Hop Awards – For Lyricist of the Year (2008)
- Billboard Music Awards – For theTop Rap Album (I Am Not A Human Being, 2011)
- Billboard Music Awards – For the Best Male Artist (2012)
- Billboard Music Awards – Best Rap Artist (2012)
- BMI Awards – For the Urban Songwriter of the Year (2009, 2010)
- Grammy Awards –for Best Rap Album (The Carter III, 2009)
- Source Awards – Best New Artist (2000)