Dog owners want to have their four-legged best friends safe be it on the roads on around the house and that’s why you need the Best GPS Dog Collars and Trackers. That’s why they teach them to stay in their yard, keep them on leashes and collars when going for a walk, and also take them to the vet periodically for checkups and best of care. But, let’s be honest here. Even the most caring dog owners have lost their pet at one point in their pet-owning life and experienced nearly unbearable despair and anxiety. Indeed, one of the saddest feelings in the world is not knowing where your dog is or if he is safe after he leaves your yard or gets loose when visiting family and friends. Thanks to today’s advanced technology, pet owners can keep their dogs even safer by buying a GPS dog tracker. Now, you will be able to locate your dog and bring him back home much more quickly.
We reviewed a lot of GPS dog trackers to distinguish the best of the best. We have thoroughly considered user reviews, GPS tracking features, their tech functionality and functions, and wearability when choosing the top dogs of GPS dog trackers.
During the course of our quest, we identified the Whistle 3 GPS Pet Tracker as the very best GPS dog tracker. This monitor won’t just track his position with incredible accuracy, it will additionally keep you apprised of his daily activity, allowing you a bit more check on his health and fitness levels, too.
The Whistle 3 GPS Pet Tracker generates GPS location and activity trackers for both dogs and cats. This all-in-one tracker uses superior GPS and cellular technology from America’s largest network to precisely pinpoint your pet’s location anywhere within the United States; the result of this is your peace of mind. The device will also record his data so that you can log onto the app to find out wherever he has been for the last 24 hours and the battery can last for up to 7 days between charges.
Along with tracing his location, it will also track his activity too, just like the kind of fitness watch you may put on. You can easily set fitness and activity goals for your dog and that can go a long way in trying to sustain a healthy life for your lovely dog. Bear in mind, this tracker does need a monthly subscription fee (plans start at $6.95), but for the given price, you get a phenomenal product.
With over 3,400 customer reviews on Amazon and a rating of 4.3 stars, this is a purchase you can surely make with confidence in the quality.
Whistle 3 GPS Pet Tracker & Activity Monitor Main Features:
- Get proactive notifications via email, the app, or even text notification when your dog leaves the safe space, so you are aware of the breach before he gets too far away.
- Coverage across the United States with subscriptions starting as low as $6.95/month
- Follow your pet’s actions including any movements over the last 24 hours to learn where he went and at what time, as Whistle creates a new trip every time your dog leaves and returns to one of his places
- Track your dog’s activity and rest to gain important health information
- Long battery hours
Our Runner-Up Choice: Findster Duo+ Pet Tracker
With the Findster Duo+ Pet Tracker, you have the option to track up to three pets at once. Findster’s MAZE technology removes the need for a cellular connection to transmit GPS coordinates, meaning that no SIM card or cellular coverage are required. In other words, no monthly charges! And since it doesn’t need cellular coverage to work, that means it further works anywhere – even when you are off the grid.
With real-time GPS tracking, it is both reliable and accurate for keeping track of your pets. You define a safe zone around your pet’s location and get notified immediately if your pet leaves the designated area – giving you ample time to respond before your pet gets far away. Plus, it also operates as a pet activity monitor, enabling you to keep tabs on your dog’s routine activity levels to ensure that he’s getting sufficient daily exercise.
If you have Live Tracking (GPS position) mode on for two 30-minute strides per day, as well as all-day activity tracking, the battery will last around three days. With Live Tracking always on, the battery will last nearly 12 hours per charge.
Findster Duo+ Pet Tracker MainFeatures:
- GPS locator and activity tracker all in one
- 12 hours to 3 days of battery time per charge, based on Live Tracking usage
- Instant notification alerts
- No SIM card or cellular coverage required
- Free of monthly fee
Best Budget Tracker: Dynotag Web/GPS Enabled QR Code Smart Pet Tag
The Dynotag Web/GPS Enabled QR Code Smart Pet Tag will allow you to track your dog without monthly charges, batteries, or downloading apps. This will help you find a missing dog without much extra fuss. Reading a tag that states, “Oh Crap. I’m Lost” will let anyone who comes to find your pup exactly how to contact you and that can assist you to get your lost pup back quicker.
Dynotag produces products with QR code smart labels to assist you to locate your most valuable possessions. Their Web/GPS Enabled QR Code Smart Pet Tag is not like any other GPS dog trackers. This tag connects to a private web page and gives a complete pet information management system with a manageable, simple scan. When someone scans the tag with any smartphone, the tag’s location instantly is delivered to the dog’s owner through passive GPS technology.
It comes for sale in 4 different color options (and less funny commentary if that is more your style) so you will get to select which tag to pop on your dog’s collar. And at just 35.5mm by 30mm, your dog won’t even detect the addition to his collar. And, did we forget to mention? It costs only $16.95!
Dynotag Web/GPS Enabled QR Code Smart Pet Tag Main Features:
- Tough, waterproof, and impact-proof stainless steel structure with protective polymers on both sides
- Requires no batteries in it
- Owners can track each time that the tag is scanned from a smartphone
- A lifetime subscription to pet information management system is incorporated
- Easily input your information in your free dynotag.com account and secure it with a password of your choice
- Available in Blue tag “See Reverse to Contact My Parents,” Purple “Have Your People Call My People,” Green “Help Me Get Home Safely,” or Red “Oh Crap, I’m Lost”
Best GPS Dog collar: SportDOG Brand TEK 2.0 GPS Tracking System V2-L
The Sport DOG Brand TEK 2.0 GPS Tracking System V2-L can trace your dog and show you real-time data on an included handheld device without any recurrent subscription or map update fees. You can easily add up to 21 dogs to each system and maintain track of their location and their data, including their current speed in MPH, their distance traveled, and where the various dogs are in relation to the others programmed into this device.
With its super GPS software, you can track your dog for up to 10 miles away, even if you have no cell service available, making this a great choice to relying on your cell phone apps if you happen to take your pups in the mountains or anywhere without great coverage. Both the handheld device and the collar are watertight and fully submersible, as well as rechargeable. One full charge for the dog collar takes around four hours and will last for up to 24 long hours while the handheld device takes around 8 hours to charge fully and lasts for about 12 before requiring recharging.
If you don’t already have the super SportDOG TEK 2.0 GPS Tracking system with the Add-a-Dog collar, this is the all-news you need to know: The system is one of the very best on the market and comprises 1:100,000 pre-loaded full-color TOPO maps to have you on track while alerting you to your dog’s position.
SportDOG Brand TEK 2.0 GPS Tracking System V2-L main Features:
- 10-mile range using top-notch HopTek technology
- Bluetooth enabled for receiving voice updates right to an earpiece
- Tracks up to 21 collars by buying Add-a-Collars (see #16)
- GPS collar is DryTek waterproof and also submersible to 25 feet
- For dogs 8 pounds or bigger; fits necks 10.75-23 inches
- Quick support team
Best of Best GPS Dog Tag: PawPrintsID GPS Pet Collar Rescue and Recovery ID Dog Tag
The PawPrintsID GPS Pet Collar Rescue and Recovery ID Dog Tag will collect and store all your dog’s essential information right at the scan of a phone. Should your pup get lost and be found by a humane society or even a friendly neighbor, they scan this tag put on your dog’s collar and will have access to your preferred contact information and all your dog’s appropriate medical information; up to and including digital X-Rays and even allergies.
PawPrintsID operates to get lost dogs found quick, and their QR Smart GPS Pet Collar Rescue and Recovery ID Dog Tag makes it feasible. Owners get instant GPS text messages and email alerts when someone finds your dog and scans his tag from anywhere around the world. If the person scanning your dog’s tag has a smartphone, his or her location will be instantly sent to you via Google maps.
This scan-able tag needs no subscriptions or monthly charges and using this tag and the technology we carry around in our pocket or pouch every day, you can take measures to make sure your dog gets home to you really fast.
PawPrintsID GPS Pet Collar Rescue and Recovery ID Dog Tag main Features:
- Store your dog’s medical records and X-rays in a digital form on the tag to have access to them from everywhere and anytime
- Multi-pet aware
- Unlimited reminder notifications
- Store any photo and document in the PawPrintsID tag
- No activation charges, monthly or yearly fees, or upgrade charges
- Works anywhere
Other top GPS Dog Trackers We Reviewed
We looked at 20 different GPS dog trackers. Even though they didn’t make it to our 5 best GPS trackers list, they are the best of the rest and each one is still a magnificent option for your dog. The information you will need to compare each one is covered with the listing and we have further grouped them into the following categories for your benefit:
- Dog Collar GPS Trackers
- Dog Tag GPS Trackers
Dog Collar GPS Trackers
Garmin Alpha 100 TT 15 Dog GPS Bundle
Garmin is one of the pathfinders of GPS technology, so dog owners rest comfortably knowing they are using a Garmin to track their pets when they acquire the Alpha 100 TT 15 bundle. For dog owners who further want to train their dogs while tracking them, this bundle is an ideal option.
- Tracks one dog with the display updating each 5 seconds
- Vibrant color display
- The Remote has a MicroSD card slot for uploading TOPO U.S. 100K maps to see elevation contours
- Connects to various compatible Garmin devices
- Install the BaseStation software on a laptop to turn it into a field control station with real-time GPS information on a larger display
Aribelly PET GPS Tracker Mini
Made with perfection to fit on your dog’s collar or the included collar, this Aribelly PET GPS Tracker Mini is a smaller scope and is designed to fit very comfortably on your pet. The Aribelly GPS Tracker is made to give dog owners peace of mind even when your pet slips away from you.
- Accurate positioning with location error of no more than around 16.5 feet
- Smart LED light that can easily be set to turn on with a smartphone app
- Comes with GPS tracker via the app
- Get your dog’s real-time location via mobile app, SMS, or web-based platform
- Set a geofence and get alerts when your pet moves beyond it
ipetwant Rechargeable GPS Tracker Bark Collar
Rechargeable and waterproof, the ipetwant bark collar is a GPS dog tracker that doubles as a training collar with a no-harm vibration function. Pet owners don’t have to worry anymore about their dog’s location with the ipetwant bark collar because it has four different location modes to deliver the latest information about your pet to the palm of your hand.
- Waterproof rating of IP65
- Precise dual LBS and GPS location accuracy within approximately 10 feet
- Get 72 hours of battery life in power-saving mode
- Colored lights convey tracker information such as connecting to GPS, charging, fully charged, and more
- 4 location modes: real-time GPS tracking, 10-minute mode, 30-minute mode, and 1-hour mode
A technology company dedicated to dogs and their owners, Link AKC, creates products that strengthen the bond between dogs and their owners. Link AKC offers their Smart Dog Collar with GPS Location Tracker, a CES 2017 winner of the Best of Innovation in Wearable Technology.
- Fast, accurate GPS location tracking
- Recommended for dogs 10 pounds and heavier
- Receive customized activity recommendations tailored to your dog
- Remote turn-on LED light for added safety
- Remote turn-on sound to aid in training
- Ambient temperature alerts for extra safety
- The manufacturer will exchange your collar for the right size as your puppy grows at no cost
- The collar is designed for comfort, fit, and fashion
- Use with the Link AKC app to keep vet records
- Digital Scrapbook for adventures
- Includes a leather collar, a Link AKC tracking unit and collar carrier, and a Link AKC base station with charging cord
- Sports Sleeve accessories available in pink and gray
- Connected by AT&T, service plans begin as low as $6.95/month
Nuzzle is a no-fee GPS and movement tracking collar for pets. Thanks to Nuzzle, dog owners not only can keep tabs on their dogs’ locations, but they also can have an eye on their health by monitoring their activity levels on the Nuzzle app.
- Reliable GPS and cellular connectivity so you can always locate your pet, indoors or out
- Check in with your dog when you’re away from home using the app
- Lightweight, durable, smart collar
- GPS tracking, temperature monitoring, geofencing, collision detection, and more
- Works with your existing collar
- 2 rechargeable and removable batteries
- LED light
PETCARE New Fashion Design Dog GPS Tracker
A stylish GPS dog tracker that is seamlessly integrated into the collar, the PETCARE New Fashion Design Dog GPS Tracker is adjustable and designed especially for dogs. Track, locate, and monitor your pet’s location and activities with the real-time location tracking and historical trip playback provided by the PETCARE Dog GPS Tracker.
- Adjustable collar from approximately 13.75 inches to 21 inches
- GPS, cellular network, Wi-Fi, and 3D acceleration assisted positioning for more accuracy
- Safe zone and trip recorder with real-time location tracking and historical trip playback
- Monitor your dog’s location in addition to his health, fitness, wellness, and schedule
- Voice interaction and environment monitor to interact with your pet via the built-in speaker and microphone or listen to and monitor your pet’s environment in real time
- Available in red, black, or white
SportDOG Brand understands the love you have for your dog and wants to help you keep him safe. That’s why they offer a few dog GPS trackers including their TEK 2.0 Add-a-Dog Collar to supplement an existing TEK 2.0 system (see #17). If you train your pups and work with them frequently for hiking, hunting, or other outdoor activities that put them in danger of being lost, the Add-a-Dog Collar is an ideal solution.
- 10-mile range
- 99 continuous, momentary, and rising stimulation levels for training
- DryTek waterproof
- Submersible to 25 feet
- Compatible with TEK 2.0 systems only
Dog owners quickly locate their lost animals when they opt for the TK-STAR Smart Pet GPS Tracker with Real-Time Alerts. The speedy positioning time is due to the multiple means in which you can access the information about your pet; pet owners may locate their dog using the app, texting the device, using the website, or receiving three-second signals to get a view of the full route your dog takes.
- Monitor your dog’s location, movement, speed, route history, and more
- Gain access to exact locations using Google Maps
- Set up a geofence to restrict your dog’s movements, and receive a message as soon as he leaves the area
- GPS and LBS service with real-time tracking
- Low battery alarm
Dog Tag GPS Trackers
Genmine Smart WiFi Pet GPS Tracker Waterproof Pet GPS Leds Flash Collar
One of the very few waterproof GPS tracker collars to make to our list, the Genmine Smart WiFi Pet GPS dog collar is designed to help you track your dog via a free phone app. With dual positioning methods, this tracking device has a positioning accuracy of 10-15 meters and provides real-time and historical maps, so you will know precisely where your dog has been.
- IP66 waterproof rating
- Easily Set a Wi-Fi fence that will sound an alarm through the app on your smartphone when your pup goes beyond it
- Smart LED lights that automatically turn on in the dark
- Cute paw print shape
- Low-battery alarm
- Voice monitor
The Daxin Smart GPS Tracker integrates with Google Maps to show you its last position. Because of its design and size, the GPS tracking collar can be tagged to your dog, child, keys, or just anything else you want to be able to locate swiftly and easily.
- 100% new design
- Uses the most advanced Bluetooth technology with a corresponding app that lets you know your dog’s position within 80 feet
- When your dog goes past 80 feet, the device sounds a warning and you get an alert on your smartphone
- Available in blue, black, white, or green
- Compatible with Android phones and iPhones
Find My Pet GPS Dog Tracker uses advanced GPS tracking to help you find your dog nearly anywhere in the world. It’s perfect for the pet that travels! The tracker slips effortlessly onto your pet’s collar and grants you peace of mind, knowing that you will get an alert as soon as your dog leaves the geo-fence that you determine.
- Waterproof device
- Long battery life: 2 to 4 days
- Comes with 1 month of free service
- Receive direct messages through the app as soon as your dog leaves the geo-fence
Find My Pet Classic GPS Dog Tracker
Find My Pet GPS is one of the most trusted brands of GPS dog trackers. Their Classic GPS Dog Tracker locates your dog or cat on your smartphone anywhere in the world given that you have your cell network coverage. Dog owners use the Find My Pet GPS to track their pets on Android and iOS devices.
- Provides the most accurate location outdoors
- Will track and locate your pet using cell service when the tracker loses contact with satellites
- Includes SIM Card
- Add as many pets to your account as you need
- The first month of service is free, then choose to pay the monthly subscription fee of $4.99/month, a one-year plan for $4.17/month, or the three-year plan for $2.75/month
One of the smallest Wi-Fi and GPS dog trackers, the Find My Pet Nano GPS Dog Tracker correctly tracks pets indoors and outdoors using existing Wi-Fi and Bluetooth signals without needing a password. Waterproof and with a long-lasting rechargeable battery, Find My Pet Nano can track and locate your dog nearly anywhere on your smartphone.
- Tracks your dog using GPS satellite, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth signals, and cell phone networks; determine which networks are being used via the app
- Use the free Android and iOS apps anywhere you have cell coverage
- Includes the SIM Card
- Automatically track your dog in real-time in one-minute intervals or manually update your pet’s location anytime
- The battery life of 2-4 days; receive an alert when the battery is running low
- The first month of service is free, then choose to pay the monthly subscription fee of $4.99/month, a one-year plan for $4.17/month, or the three-year plan for $2.75/month
Gibi helps pet owners find their lost dogs with the click of a button on a smartphone. The locator slips onto your pet’s collar and fits comfortably on their neck.
- Low-battery alerts in plenty of time to recharge the Gibi
- Share your pet’s location with family and friends via Google Maps so they can help you bring your dog home
- Requires Gibi pet location service agreement and registration
- Durable, waterproof, and lightweight
- Use with Gibi’s online browser-based app and access it anywhere you have an internet connection
- Crate safe zones and receive alerts via email and/or text when your dog breaches them
The DAGPS GPS dog tracker helps you keep tabs on your dog from anywhere in the world. You can regularly track your dog indoors or even outdoors with one-key operation on the app.
- GPS and Wi-Fi accurate tracking and location worldwide with dual tracking technology
- Military-level GPS chip and locating accuracy within approximately 10-16.5 feet
- Real-time tracking
- Small and lightweight
- App clearly displays your pet’s location and trail
- Receive alerts on your smartphone when your pet escapes the geofence that you select
From the front, the PetTouchID Smart Pet Tag for GPS Location looks like a decorative tag for your dog’s collar. When you flip it over, you recognize that this smart pet tag houses a QR Code that anyone can scan with their smartphone to get your contact information and that transmits you the GPS location of your lost furry friend.
- Available in several colors and styles featuring dog bones, paw prints, or hearts
- Create an online pet profile page secured in the cloud free of charge
- Scan the tag with any smartphone
- As soon as the tag is scanned, you receive the GPS location of your dog
- Does not require an app or subscription fee
GBD Smart Finder Pet Tracker helps you track your pet on your smartphone. The GPS Pet Tracker is compatible with both iOS and Android smartphones so that dog owners can receive text notifications when their pets leave the home zone or geofence.
- See where your dog is on your smartphone map
- Get up-to-the-minute location updates to track your pet
- Easily add petsitter log-ins from your smartphone
- Fits most collars
- Small and lightweight, weighing only 0.71 ounces
Pod is one of the lightest and smallest remote GPS trackers available. The Pod 2 GPS + Wi-Fi Pet Tracker & Activity Monitor is one of the top choices for pet owners who want to keep tabs on their pets because it is designed to attach to any size collar without causing dogs any discomfort or hindering their movements.
- Locate your pet in real time
- One click locates your dog indoors or outdoors
- Receive alerts on your smartphone when your pet leaves the boundary you have set
- Records up to 8 hours of your pets’ movements with continuous tracking
- Works in 175 countries, and you can locate between countries
- Free Pod service subscription for your first year; yearly renewal is only $49
Tagg GPS Pet Tracker enables pet owners to keep their pets safe with advanced GPS location devices that will allow monitoring on mobile devices and desktops. A 10-time award-winning GPS pet tracker, the Tag Pet Tracker, is not a simple microchip; instead, it uses advanced GPS and the nation’s largest wireless network to empower you to find your pet anywhere and at any time.
- Tracks pets’ activity levels in addition to their locations so you can ensure they are getting enough exercise to remain healthy
- Sends text and email alerts fast when your pet is on the loose
- Free award-winning apps for iPhone and Android
- Attaches to your pet’s existing collar
- Best for dogs weighing at least 10 pounds
Tractive GPS pet tracking products enable owners to get a real-time location of their dog directly on a smartphone. Measuring two inches by 1.6 inches, the Tractive GPS Pet Tracker is the perfect size to fit your dog’s collar without bothering him or weighing him down while he’s exploring and having fun.
- Lightweight and waterproof
- One of the smallest GPS trackers with an integrated SIM card
- Real-time location tracking and live positioning for your dog
- Monthly service starts at $5
Who Should Buy a GPS Dog Tracker
There are plenty of motives for buying a GPS tracker for your dog. The primary one is, of course, concern for your dog. If you are worried he may get lost or bolt on you when you take your eyes off him for a moment, then it may be a good idea to find yourself some added peace of mind. A GPS tracker will ensure that no matter where your dog goes, there is technology on him to locate him. You may have a relatively well-behaved pup, but most dogs are just one inadequately timed squirrel away from misbehavior, and a tracking unit can help make sure he comes home safe.
Even if your dog doesn’t typically run off, it’s still a great idea to have a GPS tracker on him for a wide range of “just in case” scenarios. You’ll want to know where he goes, just in case he gets hurt. What if there’s a female neighbor dog that he has a keen interest in? You don’t want your dog to be a father before he’s ready! And, even if you have no real concerns for even the “just in case” scenarios, aren’t you curious where he goes when you let him wander?
Important Features to Consider
A GPS tracker for your pup should do various things well. Here is what to consider when picking a GPS tracker for your furry friend:
Waterproof. If you don’t know where your dog is, the chances of you know he isn’t in water are pretty slim. And if he’s getting into mischief while away from his parents, then you just know he’s splashing in a pond and rolling in mud puddles. And even if he misses all those water opportunities, there’s still rain and slobber! Indeed, ‘waterproof’ is an excellent feature to require in your GPS dog tracker.
Handheld device. Having a handheld map that shows you exactly where your dog is on it can keep you independently tracking your pup for miles. In fact, your device will often have a range of several miles. This is an incredibly useful feature if you plan on taking your pup to the woods or if you have a hunting dog because you’re less likely to get cell phone reception in the woods to check any GPS app and losing a dog among the trees isn’t exactly difficult.
Long battery life. This is probably the most essential feature to look for in a GPS dog tracker. Because if your dog has been missing for an entire day, the tracker does no good if the battery is dead. You will probably want to have a battery life of at least 24 hours, even if you’ll get him back well before that time is up. On the off chance you simply can’t get to him in that window, you will want as long battery life as you can find.
Scanning. If you can track your dog, that’s key. However, please don’t overlook the potential good that can come of a stranger being able to scan the tag and have your dog’s vital information at their fingertips. They can call you right away or take note of anything pertinent you’ve included in the scan. You always hope for someone kind of finding and of taking care of your dog until you can get to him, but if your dog has special needs or allergies, a tag that relays that information could save your pup’s life.
Subscription service. We understand the hesitation to sign up for another monthly bill. But the old saying is true. You get what you pay for; and the customer service you get when you’re in a panic over a lost dog merely is undeniable. Tossing a few bucks a month for a service that will talk you through exactly where your pup is while you’re scared and missing him may just be worth it to you.
Real-time mapping. Real-time mapping means that your map (and the location of your dog) updates immediately and without delay. A lot of GPSs will frequently if momentarily, loose connection with a satellite and that’s all it takes for the accuracy of your dog’s location at that exact minute to fail. You may not realize how important this feature is – until you think of how fast your dog really is.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a GPS dog tracker and how does it work?
A GPS tracker will use satellites through a Global Positioning System (GPS) to locate your dog, no matter where on the planet he is. You will most likely attach the GPS to his collar, or it will come as part of his collar. But you could attach it anywhere on him that won’t bother him; a harness or a pack, for example. You can use this tracker to locate your dog for any number of reasons; if he’s lost, or he’s not coming home; if he’s stuck or hurt; even if you’re just curious. A GPS tracking system for your dog will give you peace of mind for a fur baby who can’t call for a ride if they get stuck somewhere or yell out to you if they’re hurt. You can check the GPS in various ways; most trackers make use of our smartphones and have applications or websites for you to check.
Can you track your pet with a microchip?
Not really; but kind of. A microchip provides permanent identification for your dog (RFID – Radio-Frequency Identification), but do not talk to any satellites. They store your contact information and your pup’s name. Every veterinary office and humane society have some scanners that will tell them his information and make the chances of contacting you and getting Fido home all the greater.
While the microchip can’t track your dog with a GPS, it also doesn’t require a power source to operate and it can’t be (easily) removed. (It’s implanted into your dog’s shoulder.) We still highly recommend getting the microchip so that no matter where your pup ends up, a vet or humane society will be able to scan his body to get the information to contact you.
Do I need to download an app to use a GPS dog tracker?
Depends solely on the GPS tracker you choose. You can find handheld devices that won’t use your phone at all or some that will use an in-depth website that details all the information you need without the need of an app. There are even trackers that simply text or email you updates with your dog’s location. But the practical answer to whether you need to download an app to monitor your dog’s GPS tracker is: Yeah, probably.
Do all GPS Dog Trackers require a monthly fee?
Not all GPS trackers need a monthly fee to work, although several do. In fact, even those who don’t may kind of require a monthly fee in round-about ways. If you need to download an app on your phone to access your dog’s GPS to track him, you’ll need to pay for the data and a monthly subscription fee to use that phone. If the tracker sends you texts, data, and testing rates may apply. If you’re without a phone in this day and age, though, a dog GPS is not likely to be the last bit of temptation to sway you to buy a cell phone finally. But if you didn’t have a monthly cell phone bill, you likely wouldn’t be able to use most dog GPS trackers.
True subscriptions for dog GPS tracking typically provide a phenomenal customer service to go with that fee, making it worth your money (usually less than $30; usually under $10). If you want a truly free tracking system for your dog, you’ll definitely be safe buying a GPS tracker with a handheld map device that won’t make you pay for map updates.
Also compare: List of Best Dog grooming tables